Tuesday 10 January 2017

Frostblood - Elly Blake

Image result for frostblood elly blake

Frostblood is good. It's very typical of the YA genre but still enjoyable. A moment that stayed with me through it was the fight between Ruby and the Captain who murdered her mother. It's quite a fast read, the pacing is excellent. The love interest I had an idea about very early on so the revelation of his identity wasn't quite as surprising as I think many other people found it. Frostblood is actually very strangely named considering our protagonist is a fire blood but there you go. I'm struggling to find more to say about it, simply because it fits so well into the genre and there was nothing I found that struck me. Ruby is a bit of an antihero which I liked but I don't think I'll be reading any more of the series. Good but not captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment